What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Bioburden test to use as evidence for BRC Risk Assessment

Started by , Mar 06 2015 10:34 AM
1 Reply

Good Morning all

I work for a company that produces Aerosol Valves for deodorant cans. We have been placed in the High-Hygiene Risk category (we do not believe this is the correct category) 

Therefore, we are trying to gain as much evidence as possible to Risk Assess our selves out of High-Hygiene.

We have recently had a Microbiological Bioburden test on our components and our finished products.

We have had the results back and we do not understand how to read these results in order for us to use them as evidence. The results are formatted as follows:

• 56 cfu/unit
  • 48 cfu/unit
  • 57 cfu/unit
  • 0 cfu/unit
  • 7 cfu/unit
  • 7 cfu/unit
  • Final Product = 21 cfu/unit

Can anyone give us any advise/guidance on these results?

Does anyone know what the limit is/could be?

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Bioburden Testing for packaging material
[Ad]

Good Morning all

I work for a company that produces Aerosol Valves for deodorant cans. We have been placed in the High-Hygiene Risk category (we do not believe this is the correct category) 

Therefore, we are trying to gain as much evidence as possible to Risk Assess our selves out of High-Hygiene.

We have recently had a Microbiological Bioburden test on our components and our finished products.

We have had the results back and we do not understand how to read these results in order for us to use them as evidence. The results are formatted as follows:

• 56 cfu/unit
  • 48 cfu/unit
  • 57 cfu/unit
  • 0 cfu/unit
  • 7 cfu/unit
  • 7 cfu/unit
  • Final Product = 21 cfu/unit

Can anyone give us any advise/guidance on these results?

Does anyone know what the limit is/could be?

Thank you in advance.

Dear barderr,

If this query is BRC-related, i suggest you look at the parallel thread here  >>

http://www.ifsqn.com...isk/#entry86322

Rgds / Charles.C

Similar Discussion Topics
Bioburden Testing for packaging material