What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Checking Driver's Identification for Own Truck Drivers

Started by , Mar 13 2015 02:54 PM
7 Replies

We have to check driver's identification and have them print and sign their name to incoming receiving papers, do we also have to do this for our own truck drivers?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer QAC Test Strip Checking Record Labeling software for checking and verifying labels NIST Handbook 133 Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods Hands cleaning checking method
[Ad]

I'm not sure to whose standards this is, but I would say that you can make a photocopy of your driver's license and stipulate that if their license is revoked, has warnings or tickets on it, they must notify you. That way you also know when it expires.

We don't photocopy Id's.  When an item is received at our shipping dock, we ask for identification of the truck driver and have them sign and print their name on our receiving paperwork and check their id to ensure they are who they say they are.  We currently check our own drivers identification and make them sign our receiving checklist paper but, is their really a need to check their identification and have them sign the paperwork when they are our driver and we know who they are??

For our audits for Silliker we have to check drivers identification and have them print and sign their name per our auditor.

We currently check our own drivers identification and make them sign our receiving checklist paper but, is their really a need to check their identification and have them sign the paperwork when they are our driver and we know who they are??

For our audits for Silliker we have to check drivers identification and have them print and sign their name per our auditor.

How do you know their license is still valid?

Our  own company driver's or other drivers that we receive shipments from?

The drivers that work for you...I'm not trying to torment you. :smile: I am just asking like an auditor would. 

Yes we have copies of their Id on record and we do background checks and make sure they have a valid drivers licence.

Why don't you give your own drivers an ID name badge with photo that they can wear.

You don't need to check their ID as you have all of their background checks on hand.

But it still may be a good idea for them to sign for the work they have done for traceability. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer QAC Test Strip Checking Record Labeling software for checking and verifying labels NIST Handbook 133 Checking the Net Contents of Packaged Goods Hands cleaning checking method Intact beef and checking CCPs Checking the Authenticity of Raw Materials Checking Driver ID during COVID Has anyone defined a defrost temperature of frozen food for pH checking? During COVID-19 How you guys are checking employee temperatures at your facility