What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Design and requirements of a decanting room

Started by , Mar 16 2015 03:07 PM
0 Reply

Hi there, we run a jam manufacturing plant and up until now, we have been decanting our fruit and sugar in to stainless steel bins in our open production area but our last GFSI auditor has said because the fruit and sugar is coming from outside in to this building, that its not acceptable. We have plenty of room to build this room but I am just looking for advice as to what the room would need. I was thinking a changing area leading in to it with two drain areas to be able to wash down. Would anyone have any suggestions? Do we need a corridor for the bins to come from production to the decanting room or are there additional requirements of this room that I'm not aware of? The attached is what we were considering.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Sandra.

Attached Files

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hygienic design risk assessment Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Design of Refrigerated Storage Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program QMS Design on a computer
[Ad]

Similar Discussion Topics
Hygienic design risk assessment Are there any hygienic design requirement for the dosing and control of MAP gases Design of Refrigerated Storage Design Cold Chain Temp Monitoring Program QMS Design on a computer BRCGS clause 5.1 Product Design and Development Is anyone using the quality by design methodology in the food industry? Design of Canteen Facilities Cleaning In Place (CIP) Validation of the design and Operation of System Food Safety with Hygienically Constructed Equipment Built to Sanitary Design