What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Control Points (CP's) in a BRC v6

Started by , Mar 19 2015 02:48 PM
12 Replies

Hi Guys

I have a question about BRC and IFS decision trees

Our company is already certified by IFS v6 and we want a combined BRC v6 and IFS system.

¿Is it possible to have control points in a BRC v6 or I have to manage all my control measures as CCP?

Are there many many differences between both systems?

regards

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Allergen control in fully packaged products BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Questions used to determine the critical control point
[Ad]

BRC is quite closely based on Codex-HACCP. The list of terminologies used by Codex does not include “control point”(CP). And afaik, BRC do not use CP either.

I have little knowledge of IFS but a quick look at ifs6 mentions Codex. Perhaps ifs have modified Codex with CP in it. :dunno:

(I have seen CP in IFS occasionally equated to (iso)OPRP (ie not Codex-CCP)).

The US approach as pioneered by  NACMCF does include “control point” (CP)  but with a different meaning to their own CCP (which is very similar to Codex).

So I guess my answer to yr queries is (a) No and (b) No usage of IFS

FWIW I have enclosed a clause comparison (2005) between brc4 and ifs4 from my archive. At that time the differences were substantial. There is probably a more current comparison on this forum somewhere.

brc4 compared to ifs4 - 2005_Jan_GFSIComparisonDocument BRC4IFS4.pdf   300.29KB   49 downloads

Thanks / Charles.C

1 Thank

Here's one for BRC V6 and IFS V6 if that's any help

Attached Files

1 Like3 Thanks

Then, I should change all CP's to CCP's in the analysis risk if I want to combinate IFS and BRC

Thank for all yours comments and the linked information

Here's one for BRC V6 and IFS V6 if that's any help

My excel dwl is in Italian/Spanish/?

Probably fine for the OP but .....? :smile:

I suppose English was not an option ? (Other than by a probably futile, self-slog/Google of course).

Plaudits to yr linguistic ability. :thumbup:

In BRC I found the following:

Clause 2.7.3 requires that when control is achieved through prerequisite programmes the adequacy of the programmes in controlling the hazard this should be stated (documented) and validated. Combinations of control measures should be taken into consideration in this process.

¿Could be CP's inlcuded in this clause? we use a modified decision tree to consider CP's and CCP's.

Charles, I found a useful tool to translate the file. Very interesting the cross references  :spoton:

Charles, I found a useful tool to translate the file. Very interesting the cross references  :spoton:

Is it worth reposting the translated document, or is it too much gobbledygook?

Is it worth reposting the translated document, or is it too much gobbledygook?

I had a go at a recent slavonic one in another thread also in excel.

A labour of Pain.

I also played with various (all-in-one-go) apps offered on a few other geek forums. More Pain, no Gain. Maybe not geek-enough

But maybe this language has a dedicated app. which works better. FerranFlo ?

Mainly I'm interested in the cross references between IFS and BRC, I tried to translate the excel from  italian to spanish using the auto-translating, as Charles proposed in a previous comments, and it worked quite well excepting some clauses.

Here is a translation from Italian to English of the sheet (IFS ver.6 vs BRC Food6) extracted from  trubertq’s previous attachment.

Overall intelligibility looks not too bad IMO. A few words were clearly too tough for the dictionary.

The original aligning of these two standards against each other must have been a challenge. To my eyes, the differences in the details are substantial.

I haven’t checked all the resulting format alignments so if anyone comes across any major errors, pls inform.

IFSver.6 vs BRC Food ver.6(ENG).xls   182.5KB   60 downloads

1 Like1 Thank

Can you do it against BRC version 7 now. :lol:

Seriously that's great work Charles, thanks and well done.

Here is the correct document in English , eventually

BRC IFS Comparison.docx   220.03KB   120 downloads

BRC IFS Comparison 972003.doc   826KB   116 downloads

Well done. Thks. i daresay some other users of vintage equipment will thank you also. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Allergen control in fully packaged products BRCGS 5.4.1 Process control Document Control Salary for Quality Control Supervisor Questions used to determine the critical control point Control of nitrile gloves Does the freezer need to be on the flow chart as a preventative control SQF Requirements - Pest Control Control measure and control points Validation of prerequisites such as pest control