What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Acidity on brine liquid where there is no direct acid (citric/acetic)

Started by , Apr 06 2015 07:07 AM
4 Replies

Dear friends,

I am working in a canned beans industry, where we are preparing a kind of brine liquid(with the ingredient salt, sugar, chilli powder, tomato paste, white pepper powder, ginger powder, starch powder). Now I just want to know how we analyze the acidity of the brine because we are not adding any acid( citric or acetic). 

I hope someone can help on this topic.

Thanks and regards,

Mohammed Salim  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results? Do we need to mention E501 acidity regulator on back of pack? Clean Label acidity regulators Quality control for yogurt production - Titratable acidity or pH? Measuring Acidity and Peroxide Value of nuts and nut spreads
[Ad]

Hi Mohammed,

:welcome:

How about using a pH meter?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you for the reply.

yes. pH is there in our parameter list, I am using that. But we have to give titration acidity too

Best regards,

Mohammed salim

You could use the method described in the following link:

http://bit.ly/1c0ThjD

1 Thank

Dear Mohammed   

You are using tomato paste it contain citric acid % titrate as per method and calculate as citric acid         

Similar Discussion Topics
Total Acidity Testing - different batch styles different results? Do we need to mention E501 acidity regulator on back of pack? Clean Label acidity regulators Quality control for yogurt production - Titratable acidity or pH? Measuring Acidity and Peroxide Value of nuts and nut spreads Acidity Factors & Calculations Fat acidity in corn grits