What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Well Water Micro-testing

Started by , May 01 2015 06:35 AM
5 Replies

Hello,

What to do if the lab result shows 2 MPN/100ml? Sample from well water used for blueberry fields.

I appreciate the guidance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion
[Ad]

I mean E.Coli, 2 MPN/100ml.

I'm assuming the well water is for irrigation? and if so is the water sprayed onto the plants or directly onto the ground?

I mean E.Coli, 2 MPN/100ml.

Apologize for ignorance but what is yr Standard ?

From memory of previous threads, the answer may also depend on which State you abide in. Or is this a Federal issue ?

Either way, I imagine someone from the XYZ will shortly be knocking at your well door. Maybe a supplier of Ca(OCl)2 also. :smile:

Maybe do a resample, unless your previous data is similar or worse ?

Hi, water goes to the ground, does not touch the fruit. We have not had this result before, that is why I am concerned. I will do a follow up sample.

the only standards I can find in Canada say under 50 cfu/100ml, which seems ridiculously high in my opinion,i have attached the pdf file, but if your drip irrigating from a well I don't think there is much of an issue here as long as you only use this well for irrigation.
BUT! I would still retest as you say and shock treat your well, a bottle of bleach is cheap compared to taking a chance on this.  
Also do you fertilize with manure at all?

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Ambient air micro (APC, Y&M) limits OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Heavy Metals Testing Unit Conversion Establishing Limits for Compressed Air Testing Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Environmental Testing Limits For Dry Pulse Processing Facility Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Compressed air testing needed?