What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Having Trouble Posting

Started by , May 05 2015 10:58 AM
7 Replies

The forum did not accept a reply to the food defense questionnaire thread.  I tried twice, but I stopped because I didn't want it to eventually show up, since we can't delete duplicate posts.  Hopefully, this one will post.  Anyone else having this issue?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Having trouble figuring out what product category this falls into Trouble shooting high yeast results in Air sampling Trouble getting COA or COC Accidentally ate something .. am I in trouble? HELP Annual Document Review Trouble!
[Ad]

I just tried a test post in there Martha and it worked (I subsequently deleted it).

You managed to post this topic, I think maybe a temporary blip.

Can you try again and if it goes wrong we can always tidy it up.

Regards,
Simon

I'm trying again, since I had this issue from home before I left.  It hangs up at the "Saving Post" step when I reply.  I'm using Vista at home, on that computer, and Windows 7 here at work, so that may be the problem.  I could reply from there before, so it's something new.

I even replied to this area, pushing the "Post" button about 6 times.  It has never shown up.

It has been a bit sluggish to post for me recently.  I tend to post from home now because I'm getting busy at work, a good thing.

Let's see how this works...

Martha

I'm trying again, since I had this issue from home before I left.  It hangs up at the "Saving Post" step when I reply.  I'm using Vista at home, on that computer, and Windows 7 here at work, so that may be the problem.  I could reply from there before, so it's something new.

I even replied to this area, pushing the "Post" button about 6 times.  It has never shown up.

It has been a bit sluggish to post for me recently.  I tend to post from home now because I'm getting busy at work, a good thing.

Let's see how this works...

Martha

It obviously has worked.  My Internet at home is awesome, I'm an online gamer so it HAS to be good.  The Internet here is spotty.  So it's not the internet.

I'll try from my gaming computer when I get home, which is Windows 7 as well.

Martha

Trying again from the Vista computer.

Obviously, this is working fine now, so the site must not have liked my Vista computer that day.

Thanks for confirming Martha.  From time to time the server has a blip and I think it may have been experiencing some difficulties at that time.  Charles also had an issue around the same time.  Many apologies.  At least you now know for next time, perhaps just give it a few minutes until the website has finished its strop.

Thanks,
Simon

Hi Martha,

I use older desktops / laptop - XP on Pentium4(s) and occasionally, but infrequently, get temporary hiccups as per yr post. Probably one-step downwards from Vista.

Another user on same service/router with intel5/Windows 7 often (but not 100%) seems to get less hiccup when i cross-compare. My guess is that it's a bit of both ends and sometimes in-between as well. :smile:

I also found one particular USB mouse  gave some problems but only on one of the Pentiums. Reason unknown but presumably mainboard related.

I have found that one, often fatal, error if nothing (first) happens is to press again. IMEX there is a better chance of survival by (a) selecting the post content + CTRL-C as backup then (b) clicking  the "other options" button. But this may be Windows/PC sensitive.

Sometimes it's thunderstorms, even with a UPS. Presumably voltage swings (somewhere).

Similar Discussion Topics
Having trouble figuring out what product category this falls into Trouble shooting high yeast results in Air sampling Trouble getting COA or COC Accidentally ate something .. am I in trouble? HELP Annual Document Review Trouble! Companies posting complete audit reports online for the public Trouble in finding CCPs and OPRPS Trouble getting manufacturer information from agent Trouble obtaining all raw material specs and supplier information Having trouble assigning lots codes to incoming inventory