What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Should imported product for distribution be included in SQF scope?

Started by , Jun 02 2015 04:48 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

The company I work for manufactures desserts (rice pudding, gelatin, flan etc.). We purchase corn tostadas that are manufactured in Mexico, my question is does this product have to in my scope for SQF even though it is imported?? all we do is receive and distribute. please advise as soon as possible.

thank you,

Berenice

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats?
[Ad]

and in some cases the corn tostadas get delivered directly from the manufacturer to our customer.

Yes, your supplier would fall under 2.3.4 Contract Manufacturers.

Similar Discussion Topics
Stainless-steel grades for product-contact equipment Steel-it epoxy paint for equipment product-contact surfaces Repackaging of Food Grade product Sample for distribution of Supplements finished Goods Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution What should be included in a cook validation?