What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Flavoring Labeling Regulations

Started by , Jun 05 2015 01:59 PM
2 Replies

Hi All,

We are introducing a new product to our line of ice cream.  My question is whether we can call it "Green Tea Ice Cream" on the front of the packaging if it is just flavored green tea, but contains no actual green tea?  I know that in the ingredient list we must call it "natural green tea flavor," but I am not sure about titling the product "Green Tea."  I see some other companies title things this way but then have a small tagline underneath the title saying, for example, "green tea flavored ice cream."  I can't seem to find a specific CFR addressing this issue as most of the regulations that I see refer to the ingredients list.  Does anyone have any insight into this?  Is the tagline necessary?  We are a small company and don't have a legal department to confer with about this so I appreciate all of your input!  

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Best method to remove coffee flavoring residue from machinery? What is the method of stating artificial flavoring in the EU and US? Is label change required - vanilla extract to natural flavoring?
[Ad]

Nevermind, I found the CFR!  Not sure how to delete the post though.

Nevermind, I found the CFR!  Not sure how to delete the post though.

Hi AJ1795 what did you find out - should it be Green Tea Flavored Ice-cream?

Similar Discussion Topics
Best method to remove coffee flavoring residue from machinery? What is the method of stating artificial flavoring in the EU and US? Is label change required - vanilla extract to natural flavoring?