What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Nutritional Info for Bay Leaves

Started by , Jun 09 2015 09:37 PM
2 Replies

Hi all,

I've been trying to find some nutritional data for Bay Leaves.  

The only database I can find that has a publicly available nutritional value is the USDA site (all others seem to reference this info), however in New Zealand there is a category that we need to state which is not listed on the USDA database.

Basically, under the Carbohydrate category, I need a figure for sugars.  This is to work out a finished product nutritional panel (that bay leaves are an ingredient of).

Has anyone done testing themselves, or know of a database that I could get this information from?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Nutritional Facts Question How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Can QR Codes replace nutritional and ingredient statements? FDA- Updating Nutritional Facts Panels Nutritional facts of chicken juices extracted during oven cooking
[Ad]

Hi Primadeli,

Is there a certified lab in your area/country that you can send batches of Bay Leaves to get tested for the sugars and any other category you require? 

Murae

1 Thank

Yep, Many labs, but we are a small company with a limited income and I didn't want to waste money doing this testing for an ingredient that is used in a small amount in only one product. Especially if the info is already available elsewhere.

I finally got a response from the supplier with an entire nutritional which, incidentally, is quite different to the USDA one.

But thank you to everyone who looked at this.

Similar Discussion Topics
Nutritional Facts Question How to convert 100g Multi Column Nutritional Info Can QR Codes replace nutritional and ingredient statements? FDA- Updating Nutritional Facts Panels Nutritional facts of chicken juices extracted during oven cooking Nutritional values Use of QR Codes for Nutritional Labeling Universal format of Nutritional information panel Nutritional analysis system R&D/Product Development: Nutritional Facts Inquiry