What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Approved Supplier Program- Is it necessary?

Started by , Jun 12 2015 02:22 AM
2 Replies

Hello All,

I have a question, we are a small packaging company with a couple of large customers.  We are subjected to annual audit. This is my first year with the company and this is not the first time they have been audited by this customer.  They never had an approved supplier program due to the fact they do not supply any material in packaging the product, it is all customer supplied.  The only think we do supply is the pallet the shrink films that we wrap the pallet with.  No packaging material we purchase is 1st or 2nd packaging.  Do we still need to have a approved supplier program? 

Thank you in advance.....

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA
[Ad]

Hello All,

I have a question, we are a small packaging company with a couple of large customers.  We are subjected to annual audit. This is my first year with the company and this is not the first time they have been audited by this customer.  They never had an approved supplier program due to the fact they do not supply any material in packaging the product, it is all customer supplied.  The only think we do supply is the pallet the shrink films that we wrap the pallet with.  No packaging material we purchase is 1st or 2nd packaging.  Do we still need to have a approved supplier program? 

Thank you in advance.....

Hi Marie,

Sounds like you are more or less contract manufacturing. You still need to have a supplier approval programme not just for shrink films but for things like cleaning chemicals and services like pest control.

Regards,

Tony

I guess the question you should ask is how do you ensure the quality of products and services your suppliers and/or contractors provide you?  Besides supplied materials, what about calibration services, pest control, or other services?

Similar Discussion Topics
BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing Approved Grade A Tanker wash stations in CA Using raw materials before getting a CoA from approved suppliers Packaging of pre cook chicken already approved by USDA Approved chemicals for sanitations Request of COAs for Co-Pack from Approved Supplier COCs as they Partain to Approved Vendor Supplier Documentation Can you have approved sanitizing wipes placed at work stations throughout a food facility? BRC Approved Gloves