What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Root cause for blown bags of frozen macaroni cheese?

Started by , Jun 18 2015 12:41 PM
1 Reply

Good day to you.We packed a ready to eat macaroni cheese 1kg,packed in 75microns vaccum bags,this weekend and the production supervisor put  the packed packets in a box and in a 0-5degres chiller.The product on Monday was blown!help me guys.This is supposed to be a frozen product.it was packed hot!what shall I say then.I have a rough idea of the root causes but will appreciate your input.What shall I tell the owner of such a big loss.I need a scientificexplanation.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings
[Ad]

Packed hot? I would think that as it cools it would expand. Think making ice cubes in the freezer or if you forget a can of coke in the freezer and end up with it exploding. How much room was in the packaging for expansion?

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause Microbiological testing of whole herb (berry, root, etc.) Is cooking quinoa and burdock root a CCP? How does Root Cause Analysis Rejection affect BRC certificate? Root Cause on Procedural Findings Root Cause - Missing Risk analysis for our clothing policy Root cause of bottled water having a plastic smell? SQF 2.5.3.1 - Corrective actions and root cause Can anyone please help me with the response Corrective, Preventative and Root Cause Root Cause Analysis for Internal Audits