What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Need help in developing a glove policy and procedure

Started by , Jun 23 2015 11:31 AM
8 Replies

I need help in developing a glove policy and procedure for the " Food packinging Industry"

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Developing a Workplace Safety Program Debagging Policy
[Ad]

In order to best help you, we need to know a LITTLE bit more about what you produce.  :smile:  

Are you handling RTE food? Product packaging?  What are your local regulations?

Glove Policy

Gloves are required to be worn during all stages of manufacturing from production preparation in low care areas through High care activities and during the packaging stage of the process.

The potential risk of contamination of product from the plastic glove material is controlled in the following way:

• Only Vinyl Disposable g Gloves must be worn.
  • Gloves must be changed if they become damaged or torn.
  • Gloves must be changed if they become soiled.
  • Gloves must be changed at least once per hour.
  • Gloves must be disposed of in the waste bin only.

And, we got burned on this during our SQF audit last year. .

The auditor asked workers this question:

If you drop something & pick it up off the floor, can you change your gloves & keep working?

Caught off guard, everyone answered yes.

Wrong--need to wash your hands before putting on new gloves.

Gloves must be put on clean hands.

If a glove is damaged, torn, dirty, hands should be washed before putting on new ones.

Agree or disagree, it bit us & that question still annoys me!

Just one of those random things. .

Do you have different gloves for different stages of your processing?

Jawiese -- Ouch!

dv8dawn -- I would just add:

gloves may not be re-worn -- may sound obvious but once they come off, they have to go into the trash

gloves have to be changed if going from one area (or task) in the plant to another

Gloves should be available only near wash stations. Hands must be washed before donning gloves and after removing them--whether the next task requires gloves or not.

Hi Aldeen,

Any feedback to Post #2 ??

How can we know if the Gloves broke off and went in a package of product how can we control this?

In your proper hand washing and glove use training employees should know that they need to stop the line if a piece of a glove is missing!

Also, your daily GMP checks should included random glove checks as well as hand washing techniques being followed

My solution to gloves is and (fingers crossed) will always be that gloves are only to be used if any employee has a cut/wound...that way I know who may have a bandage, it forces employees to keep their hands cleaner (in my opinion) and reduces the # of foreign material hazards on the production floor

Similar Discussion Topics
New Amazon Dietary Supplement Testing Policy Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? SQF 11.3.3.8 - Jewellery Policy regarding plain bands Developing a Workplace Safety Program Debagging Policy Fair Price to charge for developing 2 HACCP plans Food loss and waste procedure Developing an Environment / ATP Swab Program Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Food Fraud Policy