What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Food Safety In Food Security

Started by , Jul 02 2015 02:02 AM
2 Replies

What  Food Safety measures can be put in place when intervening in Food Security?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ?
[Ad]
I see that you are in Ghana, but I'd imagine that the attached link would be helpful. It's from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.From it you can download a Food Defense plan builder that's relatively comprehensive:

http://www.fda.gov/F...s/ucm349888.htm

I think this is a great topic! Food Safety isn't just about sanitation, cleaning, allergens, etc. There is another side of protecting consumers; how do we protect them from other outside sources?

I'm no expert (in fact, I'm just learning) but measures I have seen include (but are definitely not limited to):

*Limiting access to production, storage, ingredient, and shipping areas to only approved personnel.

*Requiring vendors to submit a commitment to food safety

*Only utilizing approved vendors

This is a very basic list. The post above provides a great link that I am going to save for my own resources :)

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product 9.7.1 Food Safety Intervention food safety Do you spend enough time on food safety and quality improvement? As A Food Safety Consultant - Do You Develop Food Safety Systems Alone ? Food safety culture plan fssc22000 v6 Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Food Safety Videos- Recommendations? Food safety culture plan Food contact surfaces