What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Carpet for an engineering workshop

Started by , Jul 06 2015 12:16 AM
4 Replies

Dear All 

I need to buy a carpet that retain metal particles from the shoes on the engineering workshop? 
Did anybody know contacts from suppliers who have it? 

Many thanks in advance 

Regards 

Diogo Lemos

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hi Diogo,

I think you are looking for 'swarf mats'

Try 'google' hopefully you will find a supplier near you.

Regards,

Tony

i agree with Tony C. we got dinged on our last audit because we did not have a swarf mat at the entrance of our shop. We purchased one through "Granger"

Bafro

Interesting... we don't have those and we haven't had any carpets at all in the maintenance shops of any of the 3 food manufacturing plants I've worked in.

They just sweep up after work so they aren't laying about.

Here is some guidance from BRC:
4.7.7 Engineering workshops
The engineering workshop must be controlled to minimise potential for contamination of product.
Consideration should be given to location and design, as well as procedures for control. For example, where it is not possible to avoid having an entrance directly from the engineering workshop to the production area, procedures must be in place to prevent contamination risks (e.g. by debris being carried inadvertently into the production or storage areas). These procedures may include changes of footwear and protective clothing, or mating specifically designed to collect any small pieces of debris from footwear (swarf mats).

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics