What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Supplier Approval Program

Started by , Jul 09 2015 06:17 PM
1 Reply

I'm trying to create a more robust supplier approval program and need some guidance. We've been a food manufacturer for over 20 years and have 500+ ingredient suppliers. Our ingredient types range from IQF vegetables & proteins, to cheeses & other dairy products, to dry goods.

We are in the process of requesting third party audits, certificates, and corrective actions from all of them.  This task is monumental espescially with the lofty goal of actually trying to read everything we get back.  I know the quick glance and a gut feeling are not going to cut it with FSMA.  Some aren't willing to share their audit and just send the certificate.  Do I accept this?  What are my options? 

My main quesion is what are people using for accept/reject criteria when approving suppliers? 

Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing
[Ad]

I ask for a 3rd Party audit, Letter of Guarantee, and Certificates of Analysis for each PO ordered. If a supplier doesn't send me the full audit, the Certificate is OK.

Reading it all is a PITA, but I don't go over each with the magnifying glass, I look for scores, what their minors were on and go from there.

I hope this helps!

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Allergen checklist to supplier BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Approved Supplier Program - Spot Purchasing What supplier documentation is required when using Aluminium Foil as Primary Packaging? Supplier not providing TDS Costco Food Safety Supplier Requirements Emergency Supplier Approvals Supplier Questionaire