What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Best Method to Validate Cleans

Started by , Jul 17 2015 01:20 PM
6 Replies

I'm looking into industry standards for validating cleans.  We are a dry food manufacturing plant and currently our method of validating cleans has been through allergen testing.  I'm aware that the industry standards are leaning more towards swap tests instead of actual product tests and I would like to find out what the best most effective methods are for validating cleaning procedures is.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Thank
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Validate setting machine parameters for the old production
[Ad]

You could do ATP testing to see what kind of activity have on your equipment. Start by checking http://www.charm.com/

You could also do SPC (standard plate count) but with dry food, your results will probably be very low.

2 Likes

I generally use swab tests to determine cleaning efficacy. Have you done a "before and after" set of swabs on anything?

1 Like
trubertq, do you do in house or 3rd party or a combination of both? In the past I found a combination was preferential, maybe a little overkill but gave me faster notice than just relying on an external lab but that also gave me validation on what I was doing.

Just 3rd party but I also have start up checks in all sites I work for . I find that if you explain the importance of cleaning, and stress that next to the food safety consultant ,the cleaners are the most important people there :gleam: , it ups the game a good deal. 

The cleaning in all of my sites is exemplary, and this isn't down to me ( much as I would like to take credit for it) it's down to the guys who do it, and the way the management have allowed them to be trained. I also share the results with the cleaning staff so that they can see if anything goes amiss but can also see all the good results they get.

I'm looking into industry standards for validating cleans.  We are a dry food manufacturing plant and currently our method of validating cleans has been through allergen testing.  I'm aware that the industry standards are leaning more towards swap tests instead of actual product tests and I would like to find out what the best most effective methods are for validating cleaning procedures is.

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi QANHM,

I'm not entirely sure as to the exact question you are asking but this file may be helpful -

cleaning validation AIB.pdf   140.76KB   108 downloads

1 Thank

thank you all for your feedback!  

Similar Discussion Topics
Specific Migration testing and the alternative - screening method Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Standard Bread Baking Method SQF 2.5.1.1 - How do I validate waste management for Corrective action? Validate setting machine parameters for the old production Test method documentation and details Safe method to thaw juices to go into batches Where can I go to validate a manufacturer is IFS or FSSC22000 certified? Looking for a complete set of AOAC official method of analysis Method for tracing organic oil used to fry products that meets mass balance requirements