What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Audit Grading - Is B+ better than an A?

Started by , Jul 21 2015 03:37 PM
1 Reply

Regarding the new grading system in BRC packaging issue 5.

I think it could be the same grading system for BRC food Issue7, maybe some member can confirm?

5 or fewer NC’s Unannounced = AA+

5 or fewer NC’s Announced = AA

6-10 NC’s Unannounced = A+

6-10 NC’s Announced = A

11-16 NC’s Unannounced = B+

11-16 NC’s Announced = B

It is a brave call to go for unannounced as it is so easy to pick up several minor NC’s on any given day (in any plant).  The risk being you end up with a B+.

The question is it better to have an A+ or an AA...or worse a B+ instead of an A.

I’m wondering how customers would see it.

To me A is better than B+ though in actual fact B+ may be a better achievement.

Regards,

Simon

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

Hi Simon.

"Better" is in the eye of the knowledgeable person.  This is not the same as the view of an unconnected administrator.

Why take the pain and risk of an unannounced audit when you don't have to.  I go for the A grade announced outcome and use my internal audits to Hammer home the message that being excellent on one day does not excuse the 364 days with ongoing non-conformances.  When I have all those other days non-conformance free, and know it, then you are ready for the unannounced.

If it had been me, recognising the open and honest approach an unannounced audit requires, I would have made the unannounced score a full grade higher rather than a  B+.,  so B+ = A  and C+ = B.

Regards

The Director

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Grading Minor Major Critical Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing