What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC requirement for GMP audit frequency

Started by , Jul 26 2015 06:21 AM
5 Replies

Dear All:

I want to increase the GMP audit frequency to be audited weekly instead of daily ,

is this don't comply with the requirement of BRC and 22000 . can any one advise please?

BW

Ahmed

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using?
[Ad]

Clause 3.4.4 of Issue 7 states:

In addition to the internal audit programme there shall be a programme of documented inspections to
ensure that the factory environment and processing equipment is maintained in a suitable condition for
food production. These inspections shall include:
hygiene inspections to assess cleaning and housekeeping performance
fabrication inspections to identify risks to the product from the building or equipment.
The frequency of these inspections shall be based on risk but will be no less than once per month in
open product areas.

The Standard says your inspections should be "based on risk" but it also says that those inspections should be "no less than once per month".

Weekly inspections vice daily should not be a problem, IMO.

Marshall

1 Thank

Thanks very much Marshall.

Best Wishes

Ahmed

Hi ahmedmourad,

I want to increase the GMP audit frequency to be audited weekly instead of daily

It makes no difference to Marshall's conclusion but it seems to me that you are reducing the frequency, ie 20-30 times/month > 4 times/month

1 Thank

Thanks Charles, yes I meant reducing

BW

Ahmed

It entirely up to you ahmed, in some of my sites we have an increased GMP audit in the busy season ( seafood is very seasonal), and then  we row it back to once per month when it is quieter.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit Reference document for setting oven calibration frequency How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification