What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Induction requirements for new starters

Started by , Aug 05 2015 07:28 AM
4 Replies

Hi

Just putting it out there.....

I was wondering what people put in there induction packs for new starters. I am currently reviewing ours I was just interested to hear from others

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification Anyone have a contractor induction pack you would like to share? Jar collapsing/denting after induction sealing Looking for glass jars with an induction seal screw lid Induction training HARM
[Ad]

Aps,

Here across the pond at our small company, our packet starts of with basic expectations (start time, breaks, lunch, smoking areas, personal items on the production floor, where to get supplies, first aid, and who they should report to each day).  Also review with them the checklist their trainer will be evaluating them on over the next few weeks.  I let them know we meet with their trainer and then the new hire each week for a period to discuss what went well and what to work on fot the next week.  We also cover in the first 2-3 days;

Human resources:

1) payroll forms, insurance, retirement forms

2) emergency contact forms

3) union information (in our facility)

Food safety/Safety

1) A brief company history, what our product are used for and where we do business

2) All safety topics- chemicals used and how to protect yourself, fire/emergency procedures, hearing protection, locking out of   equipment, blood pathogen awareness, confined space, fall protection, and forklifts

3) GMPs, HACCP overview, food safety, food security, sanitation, Allergens, Pre-requise programs, and why is food safety important.

Im sure I am missing somthing and it seems like a lot but I never want to hear the excuse "no one ever told me that"

G

1 Thank

Hi gfdoucette,

This is unbelievable ! :thumbup:

You must have the most knowledgeable janitors in the Food Industry.

Ask them again 2 weeks about items from it and BAM...deer in the headlights.  Janitorial duties are asigned to either specfic normal jobs or contracted through outside vendor.  But it does seem like alot, but some of the chemical, personal protective, labeling "stuff" is required via OSHA

G

1 Thank

Although inconvenient I do this induction training needs to be proportionate to the role.

So I would suggest a primary induction for all staff covering HR, H&S, Food Safety and Hygiene followed by the more extensive topics mentioned in Food Safety 3) (GMPs, food safety, food security, sanitation, allergens, Pre-requise programs) by G for staff who have roles that can influence food safety and quality. I don't think I would cover all prerequisites on an induction, only key relevant ones.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Heat Induction Liner Seal Integrity Verification Anyone have a contractor induction pack you would like to share? Jar collapsing/denting after induction sealing Looking for glass jars with an induction seal screw lid Induction training HARM Food Safety Induction Training for New Employees Induction heating and safe operations in the industrial workplace