What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How to document a rejected shipment?

Started by , Sep 01 2015 05:52 PM
5 Replies

We rejected 1 of 4 totes of oats received this afternoon due to damaged packaging. I have taken several pictures of the packaging and already contacted the manufacturer. I am wondering what the procedure is as far as documenting the rejected item? What kind of information should I record for the rejection?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Requirements for raw pork shipment to EU from Canada
[Ad]

Do you use credit requests or a log for incoming deliveries that you can record that it was rejected?

Do you use credit requests or a log for incoming deliveries that you can record that it was rejected?

We have a database of all incoming and outgoing shipments and their inspection results (to ensure the trailer is clean, insect free, etc.). Is that the only place I would need to document this? Also, the entire shipment wasn't rejected, just one of four total items.

Is there a spot in the database that shows if the item was received or rejected? If you state in the procedure that it is recorded in the database as that item being rejected for whatever reason as your records it should be sufficient. Otherwise reference that its recorded on the bill of lading or invoice.

Non conforming for SQF facility.

We document any issues on our receiving form and if the issue results in rejected product we document it on the Bill of Lading too.  Then we send out a formal letter what we call a "Vendor Notification Letter" to the vendor explaining issue or reason for rejection and request corrective action.  These letters and the responses are then tracked in an Excel Spreadsheet to help us evaluate the vendors each year. 

Similar Discussion Topics
Temperature recording document in Excel Document Control BRC 4.6.1 - procedure to document purchase specification for new equipment Outbound and Inbound Shipment Vehicle Inspection Requirements for raw pork shipment to EU from Canada Equipment with No Safe For Food Contact Document CIP Validation Document Does anyone have a template of validation document? Commissioning document template for new equipment sign off Butter getting wet during shipment