What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Minimum documents required for approving hauliers?

Started by , Sep 08 2015 01:43 PM
4 Replies

Hi

Please can somebody give some guidance.

Supplier approving hauliers for carrying food products - what is the minimum documents / standards required before approving haulier without any accreditation but runs a very  tight ship with clean and sanitized fully operational vehicles.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Does there need to be a minimum percentage of olive oil in the product to advertise on the label? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements?
[Ad]

The minimum would be a contract signed by both parties. You would want to specify things such as mixed loads, chemical taints etc. We use a SAQ and a code of transport, but many hauliers can provide their own contracts which would conform to BRC.

I have COSSH data, Liability insurance, Vehicle Hygiene Reports, operator licence, Breakdown procedures a completed SAQ also a codes of practice which outlines requirements.....

Would you say this is suffice?

Cheers

We require compliance with DOT federal transportation laws CFR 49, Part 177.841 regarding transport of food. I think I have attached here (my first effort at attaching a document).

Attached Files

1 Thank

From the standard. "3.5.3.2 - Contracts or formal agreements shall exist with the suppliers of services that clearly define service expectations and ensure potential food safety risks associated with the service have been addressed."

I agree that you've covered most of the bases with your SAQ and document gathering, but I believe that you still need a contract.

Similar Discussion Topics
Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Minimum weight checks before packaging How many samples need to be taken for minimum weight records? Does there need to be a minimum percentage of olive oil in the product to advertise on the label? Minimum power of a magnet to be considered compliant with the food safety requirements? Minimum air turns per hour in a processing suite and cold storage suite Minimum acceptable gauss strength of magnets for sugar industry For sanitation is there a minimum water temperature requirement? What does traceability one step back and minimum traceability one step forward mean? Minimum documentation required for ISO 22000 certification