What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Water Testing and Monitoring Frequency

Started by , Sep 14 2015 10:24 AM
6 Replies

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if there are any requirements around the frequency of testing water locations for those sites with SQF and WQA Certification?

The previous company I worked for was not certified in these standards. Colitag was conducted on 3 locations per week, and then one location was sent to an External laboratory for Coliform, TPC, E.coli and Odour testing once per month.

The company I am currently at sends 2 samples away each month for E.coli and Coliform testing. Just wanted clarification on whether this was acceptable.

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5%
[Ad]

Hi.

Can anyone tell me if there are any requirements around the frequency of testing water locations for those sites with SQF and WQA Certification?

The previous company I worked for was not certified in these standards. Colitag was conducted on 3 locations per week, and then one location was sent to an External laboratory for Coliform, TPC, E.coli and Odour testing once per month.

The company I am currently at sends 2 samples away each month for E.coli and Coliform testing. Just wanted clarification on whether this was acceptable.

Thanks

hi Rellie,

i would have anticipated that it may well relate to local Regulatory standards and/or perhaps yr product/process/destination.

Regulatory would prioritize for SQF.

WQA no idea but logically the same or perhaps more strict.

looking at the literature, I hope yr Colitag test gives no false positives.

SQF requires routine testing of water. There is no set number of tests or sites to be tested within the facility.

I do not know what WQA is.

SQF requires routine testing of water. There is no set number of tests or sites to be tested within the facility.

I do not know what WQA is.

hi GOC,

I assumed Woolworths Quality Assurance

Thanks Charles.

There are no doubt a number of factors that play into this:

- Is water only used for cleaning or also as an ingredient?

- Is the facility's potable water from a municipal or underground well source?

- What is the risk level of the product/process at the facility?

- Is the facility up to code (legislative and SQF) on plumbing, drains, backflow prevention, etc.?

- Auditor experience/bias

And on and on.

1 Like2 Thanks

Hi rellie,

You could do a risk assessment to justify your current frequency & testing schedule - esquef has stated few good points to consider:) WQA requires a minimum annual testing. 

Water from high care sampling points are done more frequently than low care area. Also, we test for Fecal Coli, E.coli & SPC - i know there are no set limits on SPC but labs usually do SPC the moment u request for a water potability test. 

Cheers!

1 Like1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Specifications for Micro Testing of Water used in Food Production Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Water hoses and nozzles - maintenance and cleaning schedule Customer complaints for excess water in onions Shipping of salted casings and water retention regulation Is Water testing required for SQF Storage and Distribution site? Water testing at new facility