What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Internal Auditing Training

Started by , Sep 14 2015 06:39 PM
8 Replies

Hello!

The time has come that I have to put together an official "Internal Audit Team" this way I wont get stuck doing ALL THE AUDITS MYSELF!

As usual the company I work for wants to "save money" and have asked that I do the training of the team. So I've now been tasked to put together a power point presentation   to train the new team members. I've never done anything like this before and I was looking for any tips.

TIA

Lon

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit
[Ad]

Hi Loni, have you been formally trained in internal auditing?

I have, I carry a certificate from Stark State College in ISO Audit Training,  and a certification as a Lead Auditor with AS9100

Loni,

I downloaded this from IFSQN when I first started in my position. I haven't had occasion to use it yet but maybe it will benefit you!

Good luck!

~Emily~

Attached Files

2 Thanks

Loni, I did not make a PPT but drew up this little sheet and with copies of our GMP & Glass/plastic audit went over this with the team I selected.  We then walked through and did a audit as a group.  After we went back and they took the little quiz, so far this was good enough for BRC v6.  You can modify as you'd like.

G

Attached Files

Loni,

I downloaded this from IFSQN when I first started in my position. I haven't had occasion to use it yet but maybe it will benefit you!

Good luck!

~Emily~

Thanks Emily!!!!!

Loni, I did not make a PPT but drew up this little sheet and with copies of our GMP & Glass/plastic audit went over this with the team I selected.  We then walked through and did a audit as a group.  After we went back and they took the little quiz, so far this was good enough for BRC v6.  You can modify as you'd like.

G

Thank you!!!

Hi Loni,

Saving money is fine, however, you will need to prove to the external auditor that you have suitable qualifications to perform the training. Not sure what standard you are certified in, but for FSSC 22000 we had to ensure the personnel conducting any specific training (which this one is) had train the trainer certificate in that field.

Sometimes, bringing someone from the outside and providing certificates makes people realize the importance of the task ahead of them. In addition, the cost of brining someone from outside to perform the in-house training is the same as having (let's say) 3 people sent to the outside training centre.

Since we have numerous internal auditors trained, we only perform annual "refresher" or "alignment" training. I attached the file for your perusal.

Cheers,

Jelena

I attached the file for your perusal.

Cheers,

Jelena

Hi Jelena,

It looks like the file failed to attach ?

Similar Discussion Topics
Elevating Performance: Achieving Continuous Improvement through Internal Auditing Practices BRC Internal Auditing Query FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist SQF Internal Audit Documentation question SQF Edition 9 - Internal Audit Internal Audit Assesment FSSC Internal auditor competency Frequency of Internal Audits Internal auditing and non-conformance reporting software systems Quantifying internal audit tasks