What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Wearing of smocks during non production days

Started by , Sep 25 2015 05:34 PM
2 Replies

If low risk products are manufactured, is there a need to wear smocks during non production days in the production facility especially when there is no finished product lying around and equipment's are being opened up for sanitation? In short are smocks required to be worn during non production days?

Thanks!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Wearing hats and harinets GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Wearing gloves while palletizing
[Ad]

I would argue no, as long as you complete a full sanitation cycle before production resumes. 

We do a minimum of 2 sanitation cycles after construction.   Also, you can always validate a practice with micro results.

1 Thank

High risk process areas may not need smocks.  Low risk process areas may need smocks.  It all depends on your facility, process, employees, etc.  For example, I've seen a high risk process that was an enclosed system - no smocks.  I've seen a low risk process requiring smocks because there was an identified risk associated with clothing - a very open system.  Low risk, but clothing was a risk to that particular operation, even when there was no open product in the immediate vicinity.  Do the risk assessment in light of your policies, training, etc. and you should be able to identify when/where smocks are required. 

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Production Personnel Wearing Finger Nail Polish and Gloves Wearing hats and harinets GMP Enforcement when employee has medical note for smart watch wearing Wearing gloves while palletizing Wearing hairnet when working with exposed samples? Thoughts on wearing bump caps when cleaning underneath equipment? industry standard for wearing disposable masks in honey manufacturing Is wearing a mask mandatory in the factory candy packaging? Wearing of False Eyelashes and Hair Clips in Production