What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Audit Level 2 for two sites

Started by , Sep 28 2015 06:49 PM
5 Replies

Good morning,

Just have one question don't know if anyone can help answer it. Our company would like to shoot for level 2 and just skip level 1. But we're a company that has two facilities, in one we produce concentrated batches and in the second we blend and package it. Now my question would be do we have to get both building certified or can we just get one building certified.

All your opinions and recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage
[Ad]

Hi,

Not sure if I'll help much but anyhow... I think it's possible to have your both buildings certified as one. However, you need to know what category you are falling into.

Once you have figured out which category you fall into, then I assume you will have to have 2 SQF practitioners. One for each building and each will be monitoring and controlling according to the specific requirements.

You could also ask your "CB auditor" as to what he/she thinks. You might need to do some hunting as auditors are different from one to the other. Of course, price will play a role in there as well

1 Thank

If they are two separate facilities and have distinct products, processes and I guess management I would expect they would need to have their own functioning site specific Food Safety Management System and be audited and certified separately.  I could be wrong. :dunno:

Regards,

Simon

Take a close look at the SQF requirements for contract manufacturers. You could have your one facility that does the final work certified but and call the other a contract MFG, there are requirements such as following all the same SQF requirements,etc. as the one that is getting certified.  So in effect both set up an SQF FSMS system and one gets certified. What we see however is that many times the one that was odd out eventually gets certified too.

1 Thank
If you are a first timer for SQF you must consider a Desktop Audit prior to a SQF Audit System with a CB SQF consultant. It is going to cost you but it is worth it so it can clear your questions prior to a full audit.

For what I am reading you may not qualify for level 1. You probably qualify for level 2 and above. It always depends on your products and what category you fall into.

The rule of thumb, if you have 2 haccp plans for 2 deferent sites, you need to certify separate.

I hope this helps, I am not an expert but I can share my experiences with SQF.

Regards,

Kellio
1 Thank

Read through Module 16 (multi-facilities) of the SQF code. Depending on your audit schedule and your comfort level with the processes you may want to do one audit for both or two individual audits for each facility.

Ask your CB for advise.

Thanks.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit BRC Quarterly Audit coverage Third party audit certificate redacted Huge bill for unannounced BRC Audit Expenses FSSC V6 Internal audit Checklist BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing Back to Basics - HACCP Audit Table