What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is cooling baked product with a regular floor fan hazardous?

Started by , Oct 02 2015 06:40 PM
3 Replies

Question...Is cooling baked product (such as racked muffins or cookies) with a regular floor fan viewed as hazardous?

:helpplease:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor?
[Ad]

Just like anything with the question "is this a hazard" a risk assessment would be the best way to put your mind at rest. No one can tell you a definite yes or no without knowing more about the process. 

1 Thank

I have seen  bakeries where the product is cooled using regular pedestal fans. But these fans have a daily cleaning routine. Also plates are placed on the racks during the cooling process and analyzed for yeast and mold/APC. See attached sample risk assessment...perhaps this will help a bit? 

1 Thank

Other potential hazards that you need to consider:
- The lead and the fan as a tripping hazard

- The grill needs cleaning

- Implications of the air movement you are causing e.g. chance of cross contamination

What is the impact on the quality of the food?

I know some people who would ban them because they can't be dismantled for cleaning.

Cheers,

Shane

Similar Discussion Topics
Repackaging of Food Grade product Is there a minimum PPM of nitrites necessary to deem a product food safe when curing meats? Frozen meals - cooling requirements Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor Requirements for shipping organic product that is sealed and only distributed by a certified distributor? How would I verify my HACCP Plan for new product? Cannabis baked goods Is wearing of steel toe shoes required on the plant floor? Water Concentration recommended for a cooling bath using Sodium hypochlorite 12.5% Shipping unpackaged baked goods