What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Frozen Product - acceptable temperature at retail or warehouse?

Started by , Oct 06 2015 11:23 AM
12 Replies

Hi, 

What is acceptable product temperature of frozen products during transportation to retail or warehouse ? 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products.
[Ad]

It should be below 10 degrees F or 12 C

MINUS 12, sorry! 

Thanks  Setanta. 

Is it for core product temperature or surface temperature ?  

Regards,

Baskaran

Well, your product should be frozen (below 25F) after whatever process you do it.  Your storage freezers and trucks should retain a temp of +10F or -12C throughout it's journey to the retail level

-18°C in Europe

Pls correct me if my understanding is wrong: 

As per the codex alimentarius- The frozen product need to be stored and transported at -18 Degree Celsius . During the course of journey or transportation , Its recommended to accept the product at -12 Degree Celsius. 

The temperature mentioned for acceptance for core temperature ( Destructive testing to read product temperature ) or surface temperature of product ( Non-destructive testing between packets). 

Regards,

Baskaran.G.

For frozen products - Core temperature should not drop < 15 Degree Celsius.

Vehicle temperature should not drop  < 18 Degree Celsius.

Well, your product should be frozen (below 25F) after whatever process you do it.  Your storage freezers and trucks should retain a temp of +10F or -12C throughout it's journey to the retail level

WHAT IS THE SUPPORT OF THIS? :helpplease:

WHAT IS THE SUPPORT OF THIS? :helpplease:

Hi ibq,

It may depend on yr local Regulations.

For example see the file here -

http://www.ifsqn.com...rol/#entry87631

Hi all, I've just stumbled across this thread and would like to know where I can find the information discussed in post 7. I'm looking on the Codex website and can't find the page that states a delivery at -12°C should be accepted? Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Andy

Hi Andy

Find the attachment it will provide you the information you want

CACRCP 8-1976.pdf   100.41KB   28 downloads

regards

nazneen

2 Thanks

Hi Nazneen,

Thank you for posting this document. I'll make a point of reading through it.

Regards,

Andy

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP Plan for Frozen Meat Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer Frozen meals - cooling requirements Validated Monitoring Procedure for Frozen Meat Products. Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps Customer labeling of frozen pizza IQF (Individual Quick Frozen) Certficiation What are acceptable limits for compressed air testing for raw frozen beef steaks? Transportation of a frozen ingredient