What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hi, I'm Fairuz Izyan.

Started by , Oct 12 2015 04:23 AM
4 Replies

Hi everyone.

I'm Fairuz Izyan from Malaysia. Working in a poultry and processed-food company. Get to know this network while I am looking for Wood Policy - Foreign Matter Control info.

Interested to work in food industry at Australia one day if I got a chance. Have a nice day to all! :spoton:

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hi everyone.

I'm Fairuz Izyan from Malaysia. Working in a poultry and processed-food company. Get to know this network while I am looking for Wood Policy - Foreign Matter Control info.

Interested to work in food industry at Australia one day if I got a chance. Have a nice day to all! :spoton:

Hi fairuzizyan,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

Why Australia ? Interested in Kookaburra's Wood Policy ? :smile:

Welcome to the forum, fairuzizyan!

Hi Fairuz, to be honest I'd like to live in Australia too, my brother moved out there five years ago with his family and they love it. Around this time of year in the UK we get long cold dark day's, its a bit like living in a cave for 6 months or so.

I find this from a search of the forums.

A part of the Foreign Material Control. Based of PrimusLabs's requirements.

4.0 Wood Foreign Materials

4.1 Where ever possible wood is prohibited from entering facility production, storage, maintenance and other areas where product/packaging maybe at risk. Apart from the issue of wooden splinters, wood is often porous and therefore not hygienic.

4.2 The only allowed wooden item in the production area are wooden pallets located at the end of the production line for stacking of finished product cartons. Rules for handling these pallets includes:-

4.2.1 Must be in good repair, no visible splintering wood.

4.2.2 Must be visible clean, no signs of liquids or powders on them.

4.2.3 Staff who handle food are not usually permitted handle pallets. If for any reason a food handler does have to handle a pallet they  have to wash their hands before going back to handling food.

4.3 Wooden items that are not allowed in production/storage areas, but are found in the facility in other areas and of special concern:-

4.3.1 Wooden handled cleaning implements e.g. brooms, mops, etc.

4.3.2 Wooden handled knives.

4.3.3 Pencils (also a risk due to snapping lead).

4.3.4 Wooden work surfaces e.g. wooden tables, stacks of pallets.
Hi there and welcome from another newbie

Regards

John

Similar Discussion Topics