What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

UV Sterilisation Validation for packaging coming into high care zone

Started by , Nov 02 2015 01:41 PM
3 Replies

Hi Folks,

I am doing some work looking at UV light as a means of sterilising/reducing microbial loading of packaging entering into a high care/high risk environment. I am struggling to find any reference material in terms of validating the process. Can anyone point me in the right direction as its a technology I am not familiar with.

Regards,

Gary

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0
[Ad]

you might want to look at references for water treatment systems.  Its been used for years in municipal water treatment plants.

For food, I've only seen in reducing microbial load in the environment of dairy parlors, not for packaging.

Good luck.

Hi Gary,

I've done some research on this for a client of mine who has opted for UV decontamination of incoming product packs into a high risk facility. I have attached a document which shows what UV dosage levels you will require to obtain a log 90-99.9% kill. You should review the micro list based on what is relevant to your process.

We are in the process of validating the equipment, which we will be carrying out using environmental swabs pre- & post- UV decontamination.

Additionally, as part of the verification process we will be passing a UV meter (Puk) to verify the dosage level transmitted. We are using a Uvicare Plus II - this was supplied by the manufacturer.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Joan

Apologies... attachment!

Attached Files

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Zone 1,2,3 Limits in various facilities SQF 2.5.1 Validation and Effectiveness Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing