What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Hello!

Started by , Nov 04 2015 02:23 AM
3 Replies

I'm the Quality Manager at a vegan cheese manufacturer here in the USA.

We are cashew based, and use traditional cheesemaking techniques (culturing, aging, etc.) with a non-dairy base.  I am new to the field/position, but am a quick and thorough learner, with a scientific mind!  It's pretty much a department of n=1, but I swear I get along with others :)  After an initial jumpstart from outside consultants, revising and implementing a HACCP plan, sanitation system, PEM program, and everything else has fallen solely in my hands.  I'm ready to press on, though!

Working with a non-traditional product, I'm finding I have lots of questions, and have found myself searching through threads here after doing a Google search on several occasions...so I figured I might as well create an account :)

I hope to learn much and share what I can,

Matt

1 Like
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hello and welcome. Wow a big start for you, I don't envy your task ahead :) I'm old and keeping to what I know (ish)

The hunger of taking from ground up in a new industry is best kept to youngsters, my work/life balance is now more important!

I wish we could all follow the Swedish 6 hour day thing too haha

1 Thank

Yes, it is quite a task.  But I'm not exactly fresh out of school - I was a teacher for several years, so this has actually been the best work/life balance I've had, professionally!  I've been quite proud of myself, for maintaining good boundaries... Thanks for the kind welcome.

Welcome to the forums Matt.

First time I've heard of a member from vegan cheese manufacturing, I'd sure like to taste it, I love cheese. :drool:

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Regards,

Simon

Similar Discussion Topics