What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Determining risk of raw materials in chocolate reprocessing

Started by , Nov 04 2015 03:32 AM
2 Replies

I am trying to update our raw materials receiving and sampling program for our chocolate reprocessing company. Right now we take samples of all raw materials-but we never test them for anything! After reading the mod 2 guidance tool for section 2.3.2 under "what do I have to do?" section (which I find very helpful by the way!) I interpreted the code that I need to test high risk raw materials at least annually....but not sure where that leaves me. In our raw materials register we classify any allergenic material as high risk...well that is 97% of our raw materials due to the nature of our business. Which is fine..I just better get testing! How are other people in a similar business determining high or low risk for material?  Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Determining Root Cause Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. IFS 4.4.5 - determining the impact of services on finished products Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP?
[Ad]

You may also ask your suppliers to provide you a complete analysis of the ingredients they are providing supplying.

Hi terris,

I haven't checked the SQF Standard but if it (or conservatively the Guidance) states that -

(1) all intrinsically allergenic raw materials shall/must be classified as high risk, ie no exceptions

(2) all materials classified as high risk shall/must be "tested" at least annually, ie no exceptions

I guess that's what has to be done. :smile:

Similar Discussion Topics
Determining Root Cause Test for determining Milk Fat adulteration in the dairy Industry. IFS 4.4.5 - determining the impact of services on finished products Mock Recall Exercise: Determining Recall Classification (Metal Contamination) Hazard assessment methodology in food for determining CCP or OPRP? Determining who is responsible for each clause in ISO 9001:2015 Determining QA Sample Size and method GFSI certification - determining which SQF standard to use Determining SQF audit scope for a Winery and very small Brewery Determining requirement to conduct analytical tests on a lot basis?