What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Glass Policy - Alcohol Storage and Distribution

Started by , Nov 05 2015 12:52 AM
6 Replies

Hello All,

Our company has taken on a new business that required us to rent another facility to store wine only.  There is no production other than moving cases of wine around or re-casing them per customers request.  My question is do we need a Glass Policy procedure if our entire inventory is glass?  No food packaging is performed at this warehouse.  And if so, how do you begin creating a policy that would involve that much glass? 

I did create a Glass and Brittle Plastics Policy at our other warehouse.

I appreciate any advise you may have to offer.

Thank you in advance

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check
[Ad]

It is important that you have an available glass and brittle plastics policy.

Yes you need to have a glass policy that includes the risk assessment of Glass contamination for you to set up controls depending on the results of your assessment.

1 Thank

Hello All,

Our company has taken on a new business that required us to rent another facility to store wine only.  There is no production other than moving cases of wine around or re-casing them per customers request.  My question is do we need a Glass Policy procedure if our entire inventory is glass?  No food packaging is performed at this warehouse.  And if so, how do you begin creating a policy that would involve that much glass? 

I did create a Glass and Brittle Plastics Policy at our other warehouse.

I appreciate any advise you may have to offer.

Thank you in advance

Hi marie,

As usual it comes down to Risk Assessment.

Q.E.D. ??

Yes according to the forum juridique, you need to have glass policy.

Yes I would.  It might be a really simple one but I would still have one.  For example, what happens when you have a glass breakage?  If you handle glass it will happen.  Will you have restrictions on staff going to that site / storage and not coming back to other sites? Will you have dedicated footwear? 

I'm not saying you need to put loads of controls in place but you should ask yourself the questions and prove you've considered them.  Also a HACCP plan will be required even if it's SOOO simple as to be kind of embarrassing. 

yes you need to have a Glass Policy , 

SOP : Control of glass breakage Form 

Glass audit checklist Base on risk assessment : High risk,medium risk,Low risk 

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Glass Registry BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check Glass and Brittle Plastic Register Glass and Brittle Plastic Inventory (form) Do we need to add plastic cat trap to our Glass and Brittle Plastic controls? Reference Standards for Glass Bottle Manufacturing Glass Receptacle X-ray Validation for special-risk group population