What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

4.9.3 Designated Location for Cleaning Equipment and Materials

Started by , Nov 06 2015 03:55 PM
3 Replies

Issue 4, Section 4.9.3 states "Cleaning equipment and materials shall be kept in a secure designated location such as a locked cupboard." 

I'm assuming this is in reference to cleaning supplies including mop buckets, brooms, etc.

My question is what is considered a secure location? Issue 5 phrases this a little differently, saying "Cleaning equipment shall be kept in a suitable designated location." Am I required to put lockers for cleaning tools like mops and brooms at every department in out facility, or is a clearly marked location away from the product area sufficient?

Thank you for your help!

-Sean

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan?
[Ad]

I have the exact same question! Any clarification here would be greatly appreciated.

This is only for equipment's 

Designated Place: Area to be identified

Secured: It means, access control and separation from the product and process

So, you can identify one corner your process area. And identify this with board

Here please note cleaning materials (like chemicals) addressed in other clause "Chemical Control"

1 Thank

Hi Sean,

Issue 5 High Hygiene:

Cleaning chemicals shall be fit for purpose, suitably labelled, and used in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
They shall be stored in a secured, designated location, in closed containers.
Chemicals that are strongly scented or could give rise to taint and odour contamination shall not be used.
Cleaning equipment shall be kept in a suitable designated location.

Here is an example of what I would call a suitable designated location:

Cleaning Equipment Storage.jpg   29.22KB   2 downloads

Regards,

Tony

1 Like2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
New Equipment and Commissioning Checklist Template FSSC v6 equipment management purchase specification Standard Microbial Count for Equipment /Utensils in Food Industry (MEAT PRODUCTION AND VEGETABLES) Skip Lot Program For Raw Materials How to build a raw materials sampling plan? The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification COP Ancillary Equipment Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment?