What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Is a Raw Material Supplier a Contract Manufacturer?

Started by , Nov 09 2015 04:20 PM
5 Replies

If a product is made and brought in as a "raw material" and it is further processed (ie cooked and packed in a bottle, nothing else done to the product) would the company who makes the "raw material" be considered a contract manufacturer?  Thanks in advance!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Allergen checklist to supplier Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer?
[Ad]

I think they are a supplier of a raw material into you process...and not a contract manufacturer.

In my humble opinion. :uhm:

1 Thank

No. 

If I ran a food company and I had ABC Food Packing manufacturer a product for me and they prepared it, labeled and packaged it for me and then either shipped to me or to our customers and me, etc. etc that would be a contract manufacture.

1 Thank

Thanks for the information.  I would surely have placed it under being made by a co-manufacturer since it is a product made for us by another company.  Seems to be a very cloudy subject in my opinion.  I certainly appreciate the feedback!

maybe i am not getting the question right... what domicile is on the retail pack? yours or suppliers? or SCC

if its your domicile they they are a co -packing

Hi Tonya,

This is a supplier from what you have described.

2.3.4 Implementation Guidance
What does it mean?
Contract manufacturers are facilities that are contracted by the SQF certified supplier to produce, process, pack, and/or store part of all of one or more products included in the supplier’s product scope.

Regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Documentation needed to approve Green (unroasted) Coffee supplier Bulk raw material receiving and traceability Allergen checklist to supplier Checking frozen incoming material using digital probe thermometer What are companies responsible that uses contract manufacturer? Small manufacturer frozen ready meal process steps BRCGS 3.7.2 - Does a supplier have to have a HARA/HACCP to be an approved supplier through a questionnaire? Use of confirmed OOS material in other projects Passing through Food Safety Documents from our supplier to our customer Contract Manufacturers