What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Growth Promotion Test for Culture Media

Started by , Nov 13 2015 07:29 AM
2 Replies

Hi guys and girls,

I'm currently drafting growth promotion test procedures for our micro lab. Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thank you!

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mold growth under large batch tanks Mold Growth in Pie Vibrio cholerae and vibrio parahaemolyticus growth in ready to eat frozen product What causes yeast and mold growth in wasabi mayonnaise and pate? Cooling process for baked goods to prevent bacteria growth
[Ad]

Pl. refer combase website, it may help you.

Hi guys and girls,

I'm currently drafting growth promotion test procedures for our micro lab. Any thoughts or advice on this?

Thank you!

Hi roxan jasareno,

You may need to be a little more specific. I presume you are referring to evaluating productivity/specificity microbial characteristics for media.

A general answer would be to consult the supplier manuals often readily provided free (and i think some are on-line) for their media products, eg Difco, Oxoid etc. These usually contain challenge procedures for users.

Another likely source is reference manuals such as APHA's Compendium of micro.procedures for examination of foods.

IMEX most deliveries of selective media come with a batch COA which, from memory, includes such data.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mold growth under large batch tanks Mold Growth in Pie Vibrio cholerae and vibrio parahaemolyticus growth in ready to eat frozen product What causes yeast and mold growth in wasabi mayonnaise and pate? Cooling process for baked goods to prevent bacteria growth Mould growth above whole beef carcasses Microbial growth on flavour mix Testing for growth promoter in poultry meats What is the best way to avoid microbial growth? Mould Growth in a Chilled High Care Area