What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Phytohaemagglutinin in beans

Started by , Nov 13 2015 04:13 PM
5 Replies

Good day everyone!

Does anybody have any limits or reference on limits for phytohaemagglutinin in beans including risk involved?

I am doing my hazard analysis and stumbled through this upon reviewing FDA's Bad Bug Book.

Thanks in advance.

zene_c

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
[Ad]

Hi Zene, as you can imagine I don't have an answer for you, but you have won the award for the weirdest topic title ever.  :thumbup:

I had to google it.

Phytohaemagglutinin (PHA, or phytohemagglutinin) is a lectin found in plants, especially legumes. PHA actually consists of two closely related proteins, called leucoagglutinin (PHA-L) and PHA-E. The letters E and L indicate these proteins agglutinate Erythrocytes and Leukocytes.

Good day everyone!

Does anybody have any limits or reference on limits for phytohaemagglutinin in beans including risk involved?

I am doing my hazard analysis and stumbled through this upon reviewing FDA's Bad Bug Book.

Thanks in advance.

zene_c

Hi Zene,

Hope you are doing good.. Are you from the beans processing industry. Actually I am looking for the professionals who is working beans canning industry. I have just recently joined in a canned beans company. I have many doubts related to that. If you can share the information, I will be very grateful to you.

Thank you,

Salim

Good day everyone!

Thanks in advance.

zene_c

Hi zene-c,

Re-Limit - apparently none in USA but there is an advisory process for beans as also noted in Badbug and many, many other places -

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3153292/

(see one-third down the page)

http://www.fda.gov/F...k/ucm071092.htm

also see this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ine/#entry91516

Hi Zene, as you can imagine I don't have an answer for you, but you have won the award for the weirdest topic title ever.

I had to google it.

I second that. Not sure how to pronounce that word. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

Hi Simon!

Thanks for the award. ;-) haha, just making sure I do not miss out on any hazard as this may again come out as a finding on my hazard analysis.

Hi Salim!

Sorry I am not working in the beans industry, i work in the hotel industry. If I come across additional info will gladly share it with you.

Hi Charles!

Thanks as always for the references. I will just be lowering the severity as there is not much literature on the said item, for likelihood, I will just have to add more controls in place.

Hi Clem!

It is hard to pronounce and a big pain in the brain. haha.

Thanks again everyone!

cheers,

zene

Similar Discussion Topics