What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

How we can change every glass in the factory?

Started by , Nov 23 2015 09:48 AM
3 Replies

Can I ask something?

I'm new in this all, just started to learn now, but my boss gave that job for me to find how we can change every glass in the factory. The reason is that, we wanted to level up our HACCP and in our country we are the first how make this. So if somebody have a 10 mintues to answer my other questions please answer.

I'm waiting for answers.

Regards,
Richard

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Allergen Specific factory wear Chef-style clothing or factory-style? BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems?
[Ad]

Can I ask something?

I'm new in this all, just started to learn now, but my boss gave that job for me to find how we can change every glass in the factory. The reason is that, we wanted to level up our HACCP and in our country we are the first how make this. So if somebody have a 10 mintues to answer my other questions please answer.

I'm waiting for answers.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Sanner Richard,

Welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

I assume you are referring to items like windows ?

May i ask why yr boss wants to change every glass in the factory ? Change to what ?

What kind of product / process are you working with ?

1 Like

I assume you want to reduce the likelihood of glass breakage? You could replace all glass with perspex or other form of transparent anti-shatter plastic, or you could replace with anti-shatter glass, and I think there is a product available which you can apply to glass to make it anti-shatter.

All of this will cost money , so risk assess first to see if there is a risk of broken  glass getting into product.

Hi Richard, 

Please do a risk assessment before concluding which glasses you need to change. 

It may so happen that depending upon the location of the glass and the actual risk of glass splinters getting in the product in the event of a breakage, you may find that you actually will not have to change glasses. For e.g There may not a need to change glasses in office area far away from any open product.  

If in your risk assessment you find that you need to change glasses you can use from among a number of shatter proof glass, shatter proof covers discussed in the previous post.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mayonnaise Glass Bottling Plant Process Allergen Specific factory wear Chef-style clothing or factory-style? BRC Audit on new factory not yet producing If I change the Xray Silicon 4.0 test sample to 8.0 mm will there be any problems? Glass Registry Reformulation change and use up of film BRCGS 4.9.3 Glass, brittle plastic, ceramics, and similar Glass Policy and SOP Glass and Hard plastic check