What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

4.2.3 - external storage tanks, silos and any intake pipes

Started by , Nov 25 2015 12:06 PM
7 Replies

Hi,

Going through BRC V7 and was wondering does clause  4.2.3 external storage tanks, silos and any intake pipes with an external opening shall be locked,  include water tanks even if said water tank is not a raw material of the product you are producing.

I am thinking it will include this but was seeing what people thought.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse does storage like freezer and refrigerator considered prps ? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility?
[Ad]

sorry not into BRC.. but what is the water for?

Water used for washing of premises and carcasses

I would have thought it would be included as it will be a "food contact" material.

1 Thank

Agreed. Lock it up.

Marshall

1 Thank

I too would agree. Think: intentional contamination. 

1 Thank

Yes I would believe that the storage tanks should be included. It has been a requirement in any audit I have been involved with to date.

1 Thank

Thanks guys!

Similar Discussion Topics
Food Fraud for Storage and Distribution Warehouse does storage like freezer and refrigerator considered prps ? Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Customers want to rent our storage to store their products Warehouse Storage Practices What is the requirement for damaged ingredient bags in dry storage area? Organic Audit - Food Storage and Distribution