What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Should Primary Packaging be Considered in Vulnerability Assessment?

Started by , Dec 02 2015 09:06 AM
9 Replies

Hai guys,

Just want to ask if primary packaging is cover in vulnerability assessment aside from ingredients. 

Thanks,

Joan

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF
[Ad]

Any particular GFSI standard you are working to Joan?

Because packaging is a technical product there are more lucrative and easier targets for both fraudsters and malicious saboteurs.  That said my personal opinion is that it would do no harm to get basic origin and potential fraud and defense information form primary packaging suppliers. 

Regards,

Simon

Any particular GFSI standard you are working to Joan?

Because packaging is a technical product there are more lucrative and easier targets for both fraudsters and malicious saboteurs.  That said my personal opinion is that it would do no harm to get basic origin and potential fraud and defense information form primary packaging suppliers. 

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

yeah, I'm kinda working on Vulnerability assessment for BRC audit. i can't find any article that says what kind of raw mats are they talking about, so i'm a little confuse  :shutup:

Thanks,

Joan

Ok Joan I moved the topic to the BRC forum; hopefully other members can give you proper advice. :smile:

Regards,

Simon

Hi Joan,

For example -

BRC7 Food

http://www.ifsqn.com...-materials-542/

(Poll + Posts)

http://www.ifsqn.com...r-adulteration/

(Posts 10, 12-15, 18-23, 25)

BRC5 Packaging

http://www.ifsqn.com...g-manufacturer/

And maybe others.

well based on my comprehension, its like every one is not sure about this matter. I guess i'll just include it to be certain.

Thanks Guys,

Joan

1 Like1 Thank

Hi Joan,

I was in your same position until I read the clarification made by BRC in its newsletter of November. Now I'm ready to remove the packaging from our vulnerability assessment. Posted by AndyDiff you can find it in the fist link provided by Charles.C (right above).

Alternatively you can try this link:

http://coms.brcgloba...ail&utm_content=

Hai guys,

We just did our audit yesterday, unfortunately we just got a GRADE A.  :unsure:  We have a total of 8 non-conformance. Three of them can be possibly consider. We almost got it :blush: . And i felt so bad because of it. 

Best Regards,

Joan

Hai guys,

We just did our audit yesterday, unfortunately we just got a GRADE A.  :unsure:  We have a total of 8 non-conformance. Three of them can be possibly consider. We almost got it :blush: . And i felt so bad because of it. 

Best Regards,

Joan

Hi Joan,

Out of curiosity, did you finally include the packaging in yr VA ?

And, if so, was yr auditor aware that currently not required ? (my guess maybe the next revision?)

Hi Charles,

I include packaging in my VA but in a separate sheet. When the auditor ask for it, i only showed the ingredients and she didn't ask for packaging anymore. So, my guess, it's not necessary but still it depends on who audit since each of them has their own interpretation of the standard.

Thanks,

Joan

2 Thanks

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry Example of a risk assessment template Health & Safety Risk Assessment Food Fraud Assessment for SQF Zosi’s Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) and risk assessment templates OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Anyone have a template for the V6 Risk Based Plan for Tanker Cleaning risk assessment? Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging