What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What is an ALBA List?

Started by , Dec 07 2015 07:30 AM
8 Replies

Hi

I am from a seafood processing Company in India.

Our European buyer is insisting on the implementation of the ALBA LIST in our allergen mamagement programme.

How can this be implemented?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? FSSC New BoS Decision List Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Can someone Help Me with a Template or a list of steps required to create a BMR for Herbal supplements? Controlled Documents List
[Ad]

Only definition I've seen is this

The ALBA List is often used in the food industry to query the allergen potential of a product.

Hmmm - maybe a list of less sensitive (not on the A list per se)?

Cow milk protein

NO

Lactose

NO

Hen’s egg

NO

Soy protein

NO

Oil of soy bean

NO

Gluten

NO

beef, products of beef

NO

pork, products of pork

NO

Chicken meat, products of chicken

NO

Shellfishes, product of shellfishes

NO

Other animal products

NO

Maize, products of maize *

NO

Cocoa

NO

Yeast, products of yeast

NO

Vegetable / products of vegetable

NO

Leguminous plants, products of leguminous plants

NO

Nuts

NO

Oil of nuts

NO

Oil of peanuts

NO

Oil of sesame

NO

Glutamate

NO

Poppy seed, products of poppy seed

NO

Rape, products of rape

NO

Rice, products of rice

NO

Saccharose *

yes

Not added, proper to the fruit

Fructose *

yes

Not added, proper to the fruit

Spices, spice extracts, herbs

NO

Bell pepper, products of bell pepper

NO

BHA/BHT

NO

Cinnamon

NO

Vanillin

NO

Umbelliferen (anise, fennel, coriander,...)

NO

Locust bean gum

NO

Guar gum *

NO

Benzoic acid a. PHB (E210-E219)

NO

Sorbic acid

NO

Balsamumperuvianum

NO

Azo-dyestuffs

NO

Tartrazin (E102)

NO

Formaldehyde

NO

Phenylalanin

NO

Sulfite (E220 b. E228)

NO

Hi

I am from a seafood processing Company in India.

Our European buyer is insisting on the implementation of the ALBA LIST in our allergen mamagement programme.

How can this be implemented?

Apparently (Google) -

ALBA list,2013.pdf   203.73KB   293 downloads

Example -

ALBA list example.pdf   68.24KB   237 downloads

Good Luck !

ALBA is the former name of the Dutch Levensmiddelendatabank. Now known as LeDa. The latest version of the list, including the Guideline entering data in Food Allergen Database v2.0 - 2011 can be downloaded here: http://www.allergene...nl/in/downloads

ALBA is the former name of the Dutch Levensmiddelendatabank. Now known as LeDa. The latest version of the list, including the Guideline entering data in Food Allergen Database v2.0 - 2011 can be downloaded here: http://www.allergene...nl/in/downloads

Hi allergenen,

Thks for the link. Items 7, 10, 11 seem to be in English.

Hi

The LeDa list needs to followed for entering data in food allergen database for v2.0 - 2011 in conjunction with LeDa code and GS1-128 code (earlier known as UCC/EAN 128 code). 

The guideline for entering the database is also very helpful.

Thanks

Swarup

Attached Files

Hi Swarup Majumdar,

JFI, the list in 1st Word attachment is identical to the list in 1st PDF attachment Post 4

Thank you very much for this information. I just was looking  for this list. In our company we have been working with the Spanish and European allergens list. But because of a client we need ALBA or LeDa list.

Similar Discussion Topics
Should you list your preventative controls on your HACCP process flow chart? FSSC New BoS Decision List Ingredient List Question (FDA, USA) Can someone Help Me with a Template or a list of steps required to create a BMR for Herbal supplements? Controlled Documents List Enzymes - Are they needed on the Ingredients List? How to list ingredients when combining prepared products? BRCGS V9 Gap Analysis Check List Does any have a list or procedure for exactly what is required on a COA? Does anyone have a prep list for an unannounced audit?