What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Why can't we have a water fountain in a storage area?

Started by , Dec 11 2015 01:48 PM
7 Replies

information required please I have been asked by an employee why we cannot have a water fountain in the storage area. I have reviewed the BRC and 8.2.3 which say no eating or drinking. what is people thoughts on a fountain?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage
[Ad]

I have worked in a few BRC and SQF plants and they have all had drinking fountains and most of them out on the processing floor.  If you went to a dispenser (5 gallon type) keep them in an office or control room with single use conical cups and you should be fine.  In my experience of course.

G

I would conduct a risk assessment based upon your process as many different factors could come into play: location, product flow, GMP adherence, etc.

Yep. Risk assess it. 

Generally speaking, I don't see any issues with having drinking fountains in processing areas, so a storage area should be even less risk.

Marshall

information required please I have been asked by an employee why we cannot have a water fountain in the storage area. I have reviewed the BRC and 8.2.3 which say no eating or drinking. what is people thoughts on a fountain?

Hi Paul,

I don't see why you couldn't providing there is not any risk to product but what I would ask is why do you need to? Do conditions get hot and humid such that there is need for water between breaks?

Regards,

Tony

Hi paulbidvest,

A good general  topic for assents / dissents -

http://www.ifsqn.com...roduction-area/

http://www.ifsqn.com...ant-floor-cgmp/

Because there might be a flood.

And I couldn't get permission to have a small fountain in our cafe. We thought that the fountain and beautiful live music would create a pleasant atmosphere for our cafe. But we don't have the right to do this, because the cafe is located on the 1st floor of a residential building, so we didn't get permission. But I don't understand how our small decorative fountain could cause inconvenience to the residents of the house. So we found a solution to this problem and installed a fountain in our backyard. Actually, this is more of a pool with a fountain, we ordered a water pump for the pool, you can read this article about the best solar water pumps and understand what I'm talking about. It looks very beautiful, but it's a pity that our clients won't be able to enjoy this beauty.

Similar Discussion Topics
Warehouse storage practice for Non-GMO Project Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water HACCP plan for chocolate and risk area decision tree Pecan, Almond and Other Nut Storage Reusable Water Bottles on plant floor What would be the best temperature and relative humidity for our rice mill warehouse storage facility? BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 High risk area with positive pressure and microbiological air filtration Customers want to rent our storage to store their products