What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Code 11.9 Waste Disposal

Started by , Dec 15 2015 12:05 PM
2 Replies

At our plant we keep a check-in log sheet on waste oil and ink. I do not find it to be completely accuate. I was wondering if this document could be eliminated and we use our recycle vendors that pick up the waste oil and ink as sufficient records. Reason being is that  they print out the weight that they pick up and provide us with an invoice with the amount picked up.  Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2
[Ad]

I have just used the invoice that the company picking up the oil uses and have not had an issue with any auditors on it. As long as you can show where it went from your facility with a company that specializes in the disposal you are covered.

1 Like2 Thanks

I agree with Brian, unless you have reasons for logging internally such as for product costing or waste per order then it will be far easier to get the collection company to do it.  Make sure you check up on them from time to time and definitely get the waste transfer notes for records.

Regards,

Simon

1 Like

Similar Discussion Topics
SQF Code 10.4.4.2 - Visitor Health Is there any SQF code that needs to be followed to package a steamed dumpling? SQF Code Sector Question SQF Code Edition 10 Proposed Timeline SQF Quality Code 2.8.1.2 Sainsbury's Code of Practice for the Control of Allergen Cross Contamination Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System Implementing an SQF Code Edition 9 compliant Food Safety Management System SQF Code 11.2.5.6 - Cleaning Area