What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

BRC Packaging version 5 - clause 3.3.3 ?

Started by , Dec 23 2015 07:51 AM
6 Replies

Hello all,

I am in the process of implementing the new version of BRC Packaging - version 5. We have our audit against this new standard this February already. It is pretty stressful as the changes are significant for us, as a basic risk company. There are many big changes!

One of the completely new sections is under 3.3 Record keeping - clause 3.3.3. I am very unsure of what exactly this relates to and what it means practically. It was not mentioned in version 4 low risk. Can anyone help? How has everyone else implemented this?

I'll state the clause below:

3.3.3 "The company's senior management shall ensure that documented procedures are established and implemented for the organisation, review, maintenance, storage and retrieval of all records relating to product safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality."

Any advise and/or thoughts will be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Anne P. 

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water
[Ad]

Hi Anne,

Assuming you operate a document control system with titles, reference number, version control on documents then you can list them all on a register such as the attached.  In such a list you can see the latest version of all documents in use and how the records are managed.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Simon :santa:

Attached Files

1 Thank

Thanks! That's helpful! I already have a document that lists all of our controlled documents, their current version number and where they are located.... does that suffice, or does it have to be as detailed as the one you have sent? The wording of the clause confuses me... "... for the organisation, review, maintenance, storage and retrieval of all records relating to prodcut safety, legality, regulatory compliance and quality."

Thanks so much!! 

If you make it more detailed it can act as both the controlled documents register and also how you manage records. 

Based on:

...review, maintenance, storage and retrieval

You may want to add to the excel whether the document is electronic or hard copy.  Also if you have a written procedure for document control add a paragraph on records to say what you do and refer to the excel.

You should be able to meet the requirement with something simple like this.

Regards,
Simon

1 Thank

On Simon's document it might also be useful to add a tab record what each revision change reason.

1 Thank

Example

Attached Files

1 Like2 Thanks

Yes good point John. :santa:

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Hairnets for a packaging component manufacturing facility HACCP Training for Flexible Packaging Industry SQF Clause 5.2.1 - Artwork customer approval Allergen validation and verification as per FSSC Version 6.0 OPP Packaging leavening milky residue when in contact with water Shelf Life of Primary Packaging Net Weight Requirements for Combination Gift Packaging BRCGS Storage and Distribution - Clause 1.1.9 Steamed dumpling packaging Magnets used in plastics packaging processing