Hi

10mm s/s

7mm NF

7mm Fe

Would you say this is acceptable?

Thanks

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]

I believe it depend on your product and is this product itself or finish packaging?  It is also based on what your HACCP team determines is a risk and what they can defend as acceptable.

For me I would need more information; what is the product, what is the process, is it in a pipe or on a belt, is it in 25kg bags going through the MD?

G

Hi

10mm s/s

7mm NF

7mm Fe

Would you say this is acceptable?

Thanks

Hi aps,

May i answer yr question with another ?

Would you feel satisfied if yr luncheon included pieces of 9.9 mm SS ??

Hi 

Firstly I would like to answer gfdoucett07...... I am currently putting beef  primal cuts through the 1 metal detector from Silverside to fillets, rump, ribeye all which are in boxes of 20kg approx with either 2 vac packs inside the box to 6. So the contents change where only one program is checking all these different products. On the other metal detector we are putting through plastic trays full of trim.

I understand a metal detector should run on programmes for different products as ech product is set up different. We have tried to knock down the sensitivity on SS but then it knocks out the Fer.

Regarding your question Charles, No I am not happy on these settings, i would rather go down to 2.5 SS 2.0 Fer 20. Non Fer but I am told this is the best they can get.

Thanks for your comments though much appreciated and more is very welcome

Cheers :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

Hi aps,

As usual, it all depends.

A table of, supposedly, representative detection sensitivities (ie ~ best practice) is on pg 16 of the attachment in this post -

http://www.ifsqn.com...ctors-accepted/

Assuming aperture level < 250mm and a conveyor set-up, yr mentioned detection levels seem very low.

The MD manufacturer might be a useful source of advice.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches