What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Low pH, Hot filled sauces > is controlled/rapid chilling necessary

Started by , Jan 05 2016 07:32 PM
3 Replies

Hi all,

A query for those with experience in sauce manufacture.

Is controlling (i.e. rapid cooling) and/or monitoring of the the post packing cooling process necessary at all if the following parameters are in place. 

- Cook temperature >90°C maintained for 30 minutes

- Product pH <4.6 (for shelf stability)

- Product packed into pouches and sealed while hot 

Also what are the lower temperature limits used for hot fill temperatures?

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Controlled Documents List
[Ad]

Hi all,

A query for those with experience in sauce manufacture.

Is controlling (i.e. rapid cooling) and/or monitoring of the the post packing cooling process necessary at all if the following parameters are in place. 

- Cook temperature >90°C maintained for 30 minutes

- Product pH <4.6 (for shelf stability)

- Product packed into pouches and sealed while hot 

Also what are the lower temperature limits used for hot fill temperatures?

Hi Ragga,

Yr queries relate to thermal safety requirements and product quality (eg cooling time).

The details likely depend on the specific product / process.

Some possible answers in these documents –

thermal processing requirements.pdf   640.83KB   168 downloads

processing hot-filled pouches.pdf   42.6KB   153 downloads

In some countries, some of these  processes might have to be officially approved.

2 Thanks

Hi Ragga,

Yr queries relate to thermal safety requirements and product quality (eg cooling time).

The details likely depend on the specific product / process.

Some possible answers in these documents –

thermal processing requirements.pdf

processing hot-filled pouches.pdf

In some countries, some of these  processes might have to be officially approved.

Thanks for the response Charles, unfortunately I cannot download the attachments for some reason???

Thanks for the response Charles, unfortunately I cannot download the attachments for some reason???

Hi Ragga,

Sorry for problem.

Seemingly (forum) system failure.

Please try again.

1 Thank

Similar Discussion Topics
Glove Dip Station filled with water and chlorine - is this normal? Cooking Salsa, Bean, Queso products and chilling under 40F HACCP Are photocopies of controlled forms permitted? Is there any method available for Cold filled and Hold process parameters Controlled Documents List Hot fill validation meat stews and sauces High CO2 concentration in frozen warehouse filled with cranberries Control of Yeast and Mold in Ambient Filled Shelf Stable Dressing without Preservatives CCP controlled by a third party Should plastic utensils, paper napkins, one time use items be lot controlled?