What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Metal Detector Sensitivity Value

Started by , Jan 08 2016 05:14 PM
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before in the forum but can someone help me figuring out if there is a standard usually followed for threshold frequency of metal detectors?

We are a confectionary company and test pieces we use are :

1.2 MM FE

1.5 MM NONFE

2.0 MM SS

We put the pieces as close to the centre as possible and if possible within the product.

Metal detection test is carried out every hour and rejected material goes into a separate box.

As per BRC, we are ok but correct me if I am wrong.

For validation purposes, do we need to specify a particular threshold value for all products or each product?

Would just rejection be enough whatever the threshold value is at?

Thank you

Anika

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects
[Ad]

Should clarify, I am asking about the sensitivity value not threshold. Right now it's set at say 100 but if we set it to higher or lower and it still rejects the test pieces is it ok to use?

There is no “one shoe fit all” for sensitivity settings on metal detectors as many factors play into this. I like to run the maximum setting possible without picking up too much background noise.

Similar Discussion Topics
Mycotoxin and heavy metal limits in frozen fruits and vegetables as per EU regulations New Metal Detector requirements in the food safety management system BRC Metal Detection - Correct Placing of Test Pieces Metal Detection - is it a Monitoring Activity or a CCP? Metal detector rejects Metal detectable Infrared thermometer? Metal Detector Validation vs Calibration Metal Detector Validation Can you get SQF Certification without a Metal Detector? Metal Detection for Mac and Cheese Cartons Containing Foil Pouches