What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Guidelines on Food Defense and Bioterrorism

Started by , Jan 14 2016 05:52 AM
9 Replies

Dear all,

My organization have just finished a Stage 1 audit for FSSC certification and one of the findings raised is the absence of guidelines and policy for Food Defense and Bioterrorism - against an ISO T/S clause .

Can you share an example of Food Defense and Bioterrorism guidelines?

Thank you in advance.

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States
[Ad]

Hi alvindman ,

there are a lot of examples on the internet , however I prefer to prepare you own plan using "Food Defense Plan Builder" software , it is free you can download from the below link from FDA website 

www.fda.gov/Food/FoodDefense/ToolsEducationalMaterials/ucm349888.htm

also I attached a link for a briefed presentation how to use it  

http://www.ficci.com/events/21353/ISP/P10_Food%20Defense%20Plan%20Builder%20-%20Demo.pdf

using this program you can prepare your own plan , you can extract it on word and prepare a verification checklist .

for team members you can use the below awareness training 

https://www.youtube....h?v=SYKdQYWaRSo

good luck .

6 Thanks

Thank you. I have used a "personalized" guidelines based on the defense plan of the fsis.

Dear all,

My organization have just finished a Stage 1 audit for FSSC certification and one of the findings raised is the absence of guidelines and policy for Food Defense and Bioterrorism - against an ISO T/S clause .

Can you share an example of Food Defense and Bioterrorism guidelines?

Thank you in advance.

Hi alvindman,

You might also want to have a look at PAS 96:2014 Guide to protecting and defending food and drink from deliberate attack

Kind regards,

Tony

2 Thanks

Thank you. I have used a "personalized" guidelines based on the defense plan of the fsis.

Hi alvindman,

CO2 /Fermentation  >  Meat ? Sounds quite a defense jump !  (or multi-tasking)

1 Thank
Regarding Food Defense; since my point of view: the related software FDPB is like the GMPs pre-requisites guideline due shows general recommendations; and the FDA´s CARVER + Shock software is like the HACCP approach due evaluate and gives you the focused strategies in order to manage the risk for each specific facility. I recommended apply both; and integrate in one document.

Nevertheless FDPB would be use as such, but the focused analysys depends of how risks are estimated for the team; CARVER + Shock ask you questions and the software shows an ¨automatic¨ evaluation.

By the way; I already did this way for up 10 food facilities; it works.
1 Thank
Dear

check the attached documents , it could help you.

Attached Files

8 Thanks

Dear

check the attached documents , it could help you.

Hi mustafa,

Thks for the interesting documents and welcome to the Forum ! :welcome:

It's a pity that none of the fda links work but not unusual IMEX. They keep revising their website.

Hello! The link for PAS 96:2014 is not working. Can someone replace it, please?

Many thanks

Alexandra

Hello! The link for PAS 96:2014 is not working. Can someone replace it, please?

Many thanks

Alexandra

Hi Alexandra,

It has been updated, the 2017 version can be found here: https://www.food.gov...t/pas962017.pdf

Kind regards,

Tony

Similar Discussion Topics
Micro. Guidelines for Food Contact Surfaces SQF and FDA guidelines for labeling Are there any food safety standards or guidelines for Freeze Dried Fruits and Vegetables? Microbial Guidelines for RTD Cold Brew Tea Open textbook: Comparisons of Codex Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling with Relevant Regulations of Taiwan and the United States Does anyone have a definition for product rework according to USDA guidelines? Pipeline Metal detector - industry guidelines Is it required to perform endotoxin testing in any kind of food by any guidelines or standards? Does anyone have guidelines for Sensory Evaluation BRC Guidelines in Understanding Requirements for new site