What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

What kind of GFSI certification should I go for?

Started by , Jan 20 2016 05:21 PM
7 Replies

Hi Everyone,

We are a small processor of Almond raw (brown skin) with packaging 100% Export (Unpasteurized). I am in a process of creating and implementing prerequisites programs, policies and developing HACCP plan. The goal is to have this facility HACCP certified. Once I have that what kind of GFSI certification I should go for near future.

Your comments/help will be appreciated.

Regards

Harmeet

Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification
[Ad]

Where do you export to?

Depend on your exporting countries. If not specific requested from customers, I would suggest FSSC 22000 as there is no grade/scoring and certification will last for 3 years.

1 Thank

I would start by asking your top ten customers if they have a preference and take it from there.

Regards,

Simon

Hi Harmeet

In the GFSI framework, you can't get an external certification for the basic and intermediate levels. Therefore, you may wish to get certification for GMP and HACCP separately.

The level above HACCP is becoming compliant with the 'GFSI guidance document ed. 6.1'. This GFSI advanced level is built on PRP+HACCP, with several additional functions/ requirements (FS management, food defence, traceability).

Once you got this in place, you can choose which FS certification scheme you need: it depends on export region but also from your main customer request. This FS scheme will have specific, additional requirements that you must comply with, before requesting certification.

Best,

Al R.

1 Like1 Thank

I would start by asking your top ten customers if they have a preference and take it from there.

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Currently none of our customers are asking for certification. 

Thanks

Harmeet

Depend on your exporting countries. If not specific requested from customers, I would suggest FSSC 22000 as there is no grade/scoring and certification will last for 3 years.

HI Koko,

Since we are a small processor of Almonds does FSSC 220000 would make sense? I am familiar with FSSC 22000 Standard and comfortable with. Some suggested BRC but have very minimal exposure to.

Thanks

Harmeet

Hi Harmeet

In the GFSI framework, you can't get an external certification for the basic and intermediate levels. Therefore, you may wish to get certification for GMP and HACCP separately.

The level above HACCP is becoming compliant with the 'GFSI guidance document ed. 6.1'. This GFSI advanced level is built on PRP+HACCP, with several additional functions/ requirements (FS management, food defence, traceability).

Once you got this in place, you can choose which FS certification scheme you need: it depends on export region but also from your main customer request. This FS scheme will have specific, additional requirements that you must comply with, before requesting certification.

Best,

Al R.

Thanks Al R. for your comment. How do I determine if we are at basic or intermediate level (working on HACCP-basic certificate). Does this depends on the size of the plant?

Harmeet

Similar Discussion Topics
HACCP certification for SQG Ed 9.0 - System Element 2.1.1.5 Does anyone have video or any kind of slideshow they use for GMP training? The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification The why, what for and how on Food Equipment & Supplies Safety Certification First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Which microbials should a pre-packaged food be tested for to be GFSI certified? Retail Certification? Adding new building to BRCGS Issue 6 Certification HACCP and SQF Certification