What's New Unreplied Topics Membership About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy
[Ad]

Looking for a simple questionnaire for audit of laundry

Started by , Feb 14 2006 06:45 AM
12 Replies
Hello everyone,

Can anyone post an example questionnaire for the auditing of a laundry. Failing that what would be the key things that should be looked at. My initial thoughts are chemicals used, segregating dirty and clean overalls, traceability.

Thanks,
Simon
Share this Topic
Topics you might be interested in
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using?
[Ad]
Just had a thought. Would you expect a laundry service to the food industry to have carried out a HACCP study?
Sorry Simon I don't have a general questionnaire.

My initial thoughts are chemicals used, segregating dirty and clean overalls, traceability

I would agree with these points. I would also like to see that only compatible food (or food standard) industry clothing is being laundered and that staff follow general food industry standards. I think a decent HACCP goes without saying.
Dear Simon,

I carried out an audit of our laundry supplier (complete waste of time), the only pre-requisite programme they had in place was pest control. To help us get through the BRC they supplied a letter informing us of the laundry process / machine report informing us that garments are washed at 80 degrees C and tunnel finished at 150 degrees C (thereby hot enough to kill most micro-organisms), again on the letter you could request their opinion on chemicals utilised and wash / rinse cycle to remove any residue, then complete your own hazard analysis on the company.

We then put them on monthly KPI audits with all garments being inspected by QC manager / supervisor prior to placing in staff lockers (cleanliness, correct delivery of garments, delivery on time, clean vehicle etc).

You may wish to request that your garments are only washed with other food grade company garments, although they may say "no problem" it will prbably not happen and if it does you may be charged accordingly (extra handling / machine run time etc).

Kind regards,

Steve
Thanks Yorky / Steve - I think I have enough now.
Hi
I recently audited a potential laundry supplier, they had in place:
HACCP
Cleaning procedures
Swabbing Regime
Pest Control
Glass Register/audit
Procedure for approving their suppliers
Various policies

I took photocopies of all the relevant stuff, and im hoping this will satisfy the BRC requirements and those of our customers!!
Thanks

Hi
I recently audited a potential laundry supplier, they had in place:
HACCP
Cleaning procedures
Swabbing Regime
Pest Control
Glass Register/audit
Procedure for approving their suppliers
Various policies

I took photocopies of all the relevant stuff, and im hoping this will satisfy the BRC requirements and those of our customers!!
Thanks

I should think so Sue; it sounds more like a food factory than a laundry.

The big question is have they got an iron.

Regards,
Simon
More than happy to email you our questionanaire which you can plagiarize to bits if you so wish!

More than happy to email you our questionanaire which you can plagiarize to bits if you so wish!

You could attach it to the thread for the future unless of course it's confidential.

Simon

You could attach it to the thread for the future unless of course it's confidential.

Simon

Happy to Simon!

caz x

original link broken, pls try this copy( Charles.C) added 11/3/2010

laundry_auditing_copy.doc   208KB   558 downloads
3 Thanks
Thanks for sharing Caz.

Simon

Thanks for sharing Caz.

Simon

be aware

we just had an BRC audit, as a major non conformance for not auditing our laundry supplier with iso9000.
I mentionned few months ago to do an audit but I was put off.
now everyone is bitting their lips.
bibi

be aware

we just had an BRC audit, as a major non conformance for not auditing our laundry supplier with iso9000.
I mentionned few months ago to do an audit but I was put off.
now everyone is bitting their lips.
bibi

ISO 9001:2000 Certification is not enough for the food industry as there are other important elements of the management system that must be assured. Maybe ISO 22000 would provide assurance, but personally I find it's always good to visit suppliers, even if for a quick look around and not a full-blown audit. You never fail to pick up and share good practice duing these visits.

Regards,
Simon

Similar Discussion Topics
Organic Audit: mass balance audits Mandatory RCA for Internal Audit NCs? FSSC v6.0 internal audit AIB audit scoring and audit checklist What Audit Software are you using? Tips for upcoming NSF Certification Audit How many Non-conformances did you get at your last audit? Shadow Witness Audit Request First time Costco audit, no GFSI certification Help with ISCC EU Audit